Weekly USA commodities&pork prices for pig producers.
• US live cattle, feeder cattle and lean hog futures were mixed Tuesday.
• Corn and wheat futures were mostly lower, while soy complex futures were higher.
• The value of the US dollar against the euro was higher.
• Crude oil futures were slightly lower.
• New York gold futures were higher.
• US stock indexes were higher.
• European stock indexes were mostly lower.
• Asian stock indexes closed mostly higher Tuesday.
Lean hog futures finished higher on technical strength and expectations that higher temperatures would curb supplies of hogs.. October lean hog futures climbed .300c, closing at 87.625c a lb.
The cutout value for a pork carcass weighing 205 lbs. tumbled 1.87c Friday to close at 94.33c a lb. Primal cutout values were sharply lower for loins, butts , picnics , ribs and bellies. Cutout values were lower for hams.
• Wheat and soy complex futures were mixed Friday, while corn futures were mostly higher. Soybeans were lower on anticipation of rain. Nearby corn futures were lower on profit-taking. Wheat futures were mixed with support from corn. Chicago September wheat rose 2c, closing at $6.43¼ a bushel, Kansas City September fell ¼c, closing at $7.00¾ a bushel, with all other contracts higher, and Minneapolis September fell 4c, closing at $7.20¼ a bu. September corn futures fell 2¼c, closing at $4.95 a bushel, with all other contracts higher. September soybeans fell 6c, closing at $14.24 a bu. September soybean meal rose 80c, closing at $468.20 a ton. September soybean oil rose 0.11c, closing at 43.89c a lb.
• Major US stock indexes were lower Friday on lower-than-expected data on consumer spending and income. Additionally, investors were still concerned about the situation in Syria. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell almost 31 points, closing at 14,810.31. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index fell more than 5 points, closing at 1,632.97. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell more than 30 points, closing at 3,589.87.
• The value of the US dollar against the euro was higher Friday.
• Crude oil futures were lower Friday as concerns about a supply disruption were eased as leaders in Washington said any attack on Syria would be limited. The October contract fell $1.15, closing at $107.65 a barrel.
• Gold futures closed lower Friday ahead of the holiday weekend. The October contract fell $16.80, closing at $1,395.80 an oz.